USEA/USEF Competition Material and Helpful Links
• Omnibus Term Key • Dressage Tests • Entry Forms (HT) (FEI ) | FEH - YEH | (Xentry)(NEH) • Stabling Form
• Membership (PDF) (Online) • Horse Registration (PDF) (Online) • National Qualifications Summary• FEI Qualifications Summary
• Find a Certified Eventing Instructor (By Area) (By Level) • USEA Ride Share (OFFER a Rider / NEED a Ride) • Event Open Date Notification Sign-Up
JUNE 9-10, 2018
THE MIDDLEBURG Horse Trials
Middleburg, Virginia (Area 2)
NEW LOCATION - NOW AT GREAT MEADOW!!
ENTRY PERIOD: Open Date: 4/24/2018 Close Date: 5/22/2018
USEF/USEA Recognized: P
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized: T,N,BN
SEND ENTRIES TO: Enter via Xentry or mail to:
3700 Avonlea Way
Catharpin, VA 20143
Phone (703)472-1541 (please no calls after 8:30pm)
Draw checks payable to Middleburg Horse Trials. Entry forms may be submitted to the secretary via US Mail, email or Xentry. For ALL entries, the postmark on payment sent via US Mail or when payment is processed electronically is considered the entry date. If doing an electronic entry through Xentry you must postmark via US Mail or email , signature page and Coggins within 5 days of entering or entry is considered incomplete and will be subject to post entry late fees.
Although you can fill out an entry using Event Entries, they will not be transmitted electronically and must be mailed to the Secretary. Only Xentry provides electronic transmission of your entry.
ORGANIZER: Organizer: Max Corcoran Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Management: Middleburg Orange County Pony Club
OFFICIALS: TD: Cindy Wood, MD
Judges: Pres: Robyn Fischer, CA Dressage Judge: Cathy Tucker Slaterbeck, MD; Sara Leary, VA
SJ Judge: Kathy White, VA
CD: XC: David O'Connor, VA SJ: Kathy White, VA
Draw checks to Middleburg Horse Trials. Checks must be drawn on a US Bank or be a US money order. NO FOREIGN CHECKS OR INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDERS. Send entry & fees to competition secretary. Entry fee includes a $25 non-refundable office fee. $50.00 returned (bounced) check fee.
Entry: P: $210.00 if received by May 8, then $230.00; T: $205.00 if received by May 8, then $225.00; N: $200.00 if received by May 8, then $220.00; BN: $195.00 if received by May 8, then $215.00.
Non-competing horses - must register with secretary. have a negative coggins and pay a $20 grounds fee.
Post Entry/Late Fee: $50 late fee for entries and/ or payments postmarked after the closing date. Electronic entries not paid online must have payment postmarked prior to closing date to avoid late fees.
$10 late fee for each item not postmarked by the closing date; including missing registrations/ membership numbers, coggins, signature page, emergency contact, etc. Incorrect items are also subject to late fee.
Change Fee: Change fee applies to division, horse and/ or rider. $30.00 fee for each change of entry after C.D. but before June 3; Additional $50 fee for each change after June 3. Changes should be sent to the secretary by email. Changes NOT accepted by phone.
1) ENTRIES: Include printed, legible and current email address on entry. All correspondence from the secretary will be by email. All entrants competing must be USEA members. All horses competing must have USEA registration number. Preliminary competitors, include copies of current rider, trainer and owner (including farm, syndicate, etc.) USEF membership cards. Riders, trainers, and/or owners of horses competing at the Preliminary level who are not USEF members will be required to pay $30 non-member fee with entry. (Note: a coach may or may not be a trainer; trainers are the ones who care and feed the horses)
PLEASE no photos of missing items emailed to secretary - Scans are okay - must be legible!
Double entries: Not accepted.
Check entry status online at http://www.mocpony.club. Entries may be accepted after the closing date on a space-available basis. Incomplete entries may be wait listed until complete. If there is a wait list, it will be posted on the website along with entry status.
Unpaid entries are incomplete and will not be assigned ride times.
Emergency information box on entry must be filled out or entry is not complete.
Please include TIP registration number for horses that want to be considered for TIP awards (http://tjctip.com). These must be received by June 8th at 1PM.
For all electronic entries, the postmark on payment sent via US Mail is considered the entry date, NOT the date it was submitted via Xentry or emailed.
Refunds: Before C.D.-Less $25 office fee; After C.D.- $150 entry refund ONLY if place can be filled from wait list. NO REFUNDS for any level (entry) AFTER 9 pm June 3rd. USEA Starter and USEF Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M fees will be returned within 30 days of the competition to any who do not start the dressage test. Competition cancellation-No refund.
All scratches must be given directly to Philippa Fewell via email: PMFewell@gmail.com . We are not responsible for scratches left on answering machines. Email required.
Negative Coggins certificate valid though June 11, 2018 required for all horses. Horses without current Coggins on file or in hand will not be allowed on grounds.
2) TENTATIVE SCHEDULE: Fri: Cross-country course open-3 pm. Show Jumping course open - 4 pm.
Sat: All P/T - Dressage 8:00-am; P/T Show Jumping-10:00 am; P/T Cross-country-10:30 am.
Sun: All N/BN - Dressage-8:00 am; N/BN Show Jumping-10:00; N/BN Cross-country-10:30 am.
Divisions may change days depending on entries. Any changes will be posted to website.
Eight ribbons per division; Prize money for 1st through 3rd in Preliminary divisions paid by check at event; Certificates good toward 2018 entry fees for 1st through 3rd in Beginner Novice through Training divisions. Product awards at all levels by Sponsors. $3 fee for mailing ribbon paid to secretary prior to competition conclusion. Will be offering Ribbons and prizes for TIP registered horses (http://tjctip.com).
4) STARTING TIMES:
Available online Wednesday, June 6 on http://www.mocpony.club
5) STABLING/VETERINARIAN: Stabling: No stabling available on-grounds. We will provide list of contacts of local stabling available to competitors upon request.
Veterinarian: Chad Davis (540)955-9115 and VA Equine Imaging (540)687-4663 clinic . Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center, Leesburg, VA (800)436-2911. Numbers will be posted at Secretary's stand.
Make reservations early as we share this weekend with the Upperville Horse & Colt show. Warrenton, VA - 9 miles away.
Hampton Inn - 9.2 miles - 540 349 4200; Baymont Inn and Suites - 9.4 miles - 800 337 0800; Local AirBnB or VRBO.
Address: Great Meadow Foundation; 5089 Old Tavern Road; The Plains, VA; 20198
From D.C: I-66 west to exit 31 to VA rte 245 toward Old Tavern; turn left onto Old Tavern Road; 1.8 miles, your destination is on the left.
From Winchester I-81: take exit for I66 East to exit 28 towards Warrenton; go 2.7 miles, take a right onto Old Tavern Road; your destination will be on the right.
8) DRESSAGE: Test and arena sizes: All P-2018 USEF Preliminary Level Test A-Small Arena. All T-2018 USEF Training Level Test A-Small Arena. All N-2018 USEF Novice Level Test A-Small Arena. All BN-2018 USEF Beginner Novice Level Test A-Small Arena. Arenas: All outdoor rings on prepared grass.
9) CROSS-COUNTRY: All P-3000 m @ 520 mpm. All T-2500 m @ 450 mpm. All N-2200 m @ 375 mpm. All BN-2000 m @ 325 mpm. Terrain: Open, rolling racecourse - old established turf, excellent footing. On all courses obstacles tend toward maximum heights for the level. Forward galloping courses. Well suited for horses with experience at the level. P - runs partially on adjacent property fields on improved tracks, includes water complex, banks & coffin. T - also runs partially on adjacent property fields on improved track and includes water complex, bank & ditch. N/BN - includes water complex, bank(s), and ditch. Cross-country course closed for schooling.
A new water jump is expected to be built to be used for the event - but there is possibility it will not be ready in time.
10) OTHER INFORMATION:
Cross-country course closed for schooling. Levels may be divided/combined if entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry, otherwise Senior is assumed. If event is oversubscribed, preference given to higher levels. Divisions may change days depending on entries. Any changes will be posted to website.
Show jumping warmup and competition arena will be on all weather footing.
Any volunteers , please go to USEA's Volunteer Incentive Program: https://www.eventingvolunteers.com
Ship-ins should plan to bring own water, as closest water may be far away. Ice will be available at convenience store across the street.
Non-competing horses must register with secretary, have a negative coggins and pay a $20 grounds fee.
Caterer on grounds for breakfast & lunch. Vendors on grounds during event.
Photographers on site with mobile lab.
No loose dogs anywhere on the grounds including on XC course. Dogs must be leashed and attached to a person or vehicle per USEF Rule GR1301.6.
Refund checks not mailed until after event and check has cleared.
Watch http://www.mocpony.club website for additional information.
Live scores can be found at: http://www.coursewalkapp.com/livescores/