The United States Pony Clubs, Inc., develops character, leadership, confidence and a sense of community in youth through a program that teaches the care of horses and ponies, riding and mounted sports.
Horsemanship with respect to healthcare, nutrition, stable management, handling and riding a mount safely, correctly and with confidence
Organized teamwork including cooperation, communication, responsibility, leadership, mentoring, teaching and fostering a supportive yet competitive environment
Respect for the horse and self through horsemanship; for land through land conservation; and for others through service and teamwork
Service by providing an opportunity for members, parents, and others to support the Pony Club program locally, regionally and nationally through volunteerism
Education at an individual pace to achieve personal goals and expand knowledge through teaching others
- USPC is an educational organization which progressively develops the well-rounded horseperson.
- The well-rounded horseperson is capable of riding safely and tactfully on the flat, over fences, and in the open.
- Knowledgeable care of horses and ponies (horse management) is basic to the well-rounded horseperson.
- USPC is committed to the well-being of the horse.
- Fair and friendly competitions develop teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Fun and friendship are part of Pony Club.
- USPC requires parental and volunteer involvement and support.
- The USPC is committed to safety.
- The local Club is the core of USPC.